Cold and flu diseases are common during the winter season, so everyone should take preventive measures to avoid the chance of them.
People use many different cold medications and remedies, including over-the-counter, drinking of whiskey, honey, and lemon or FDA-approved drugs. However, the solution to your raspy cough and runny nose might be found on your kitchen counter, too.
Garlic, which might be found in every single kitchen, just make the food taste so more great and delicious, because it’s 100 times more practical than antibiotics, and more healthier to.
A History of Medicinal Use of Garlic:
Even many alternative ancient societies used garlic in medicinal purposes. in step with the literature, garlic was often fed to the proletariat in some civilizations, because it had been ready to maintain and increase their strength and that they would be more productive. The written notes about employing a clove of garlic are found from Ancient Egypt, where it absolutely was wont to feed the laborers, who were functioning on the pyramids.
What are the Healing Properties of Garlic?
Due to the compound called alliin contained in garlic, it’s countless potentially disease-fighting benefits.
Additionally, it’s been shown to regulate populations of pathogenic microorganisms, so it’s useful within the prevention of the cold and flu.
Garlic and Immunity
Garlic’s immune-boosting properties are thanks to the sulfur compounds, which provides it its distinct odor. When some forms of white blood cells are available contact with viruses, by using garlic they need been shown to extend the disease-fighting response.
According to the researchers, the loss of health benefits will be minimized by simply add garlic more to the menu.
Ginger-Garlic Soup – Recipe
- – 26 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- — 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) organic butter (grass-fed)
- – 2 tablespoons oil
- – 1/2 cup fresh ginger
- – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- – 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- – 2 1/4 cups sliced onions
- – 1/2 cup coconut milk
- – 26 garlic cloves, peeled
- – 4 lemon wedges
- – 3 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
1) Place 26 garlic cloves in an exceedingly small glass baking dish within the preheated oven to 350F.
2) After adding of two tablespoons of vegetable oil, sprinkle them with sea salt and toss to coat.
3) Covering baking dish tightly with foil, bake until garlic is golden brown and tender (45 minutes).
4) Remove the garlic cloves from the oven and funky them.
5) Squeezing garlic between fingertips release cloves and transfer them to atiny low bowl.
6) during a heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat melt butter and add onions, thyme, ginger, and cayenne powder
7) Cook the mixture until onions are translucent (about 6 minutes)
8) Add within the mixture roasted garlic and 26 raw garlic cloves and cook 3 minutes.
9) After adding vegetable broth cover the bowl and simmer until garlic is incredibly tender (about 20 minutes).
10) Puree the soup in an exceedingly blender until smooth.
11) After returning the soup to saucepan add coconut milk and convey it to simmer.
12) Season with pepper and sea salt for flavor.
13) Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon wedge into each bowl and serve.