Turmeric and ginger are both highly beneficial and versatile foods that have potent anti-inflammatory properties.
Inflammation plays a crucial role within the system, but chronic inflammation can result in numerous diseases, like diabetes, heart condition, arthritis, cancer, and depression. Therefore, turmeric and ginger may be of great help in their treatment and prevention.
The main compound of turmeric is curcumin, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, and treats joint inflammation, arthritis, chronic digestive problems, abdominal pain, improves liver health, and relieves gas.
However, it’s poorly absorbed within the body, so you must use black pepper to spice up its bioavailability by 2000%. it’s a formidable nutritional profile, and in line with the u. s. Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Nutrient Database, a tablespoon (tbsp) of turmeric powder provides:
- 29 calories
- 0.91 grams (g) of protein
- 0.31 g of fat
- 6.31 g of carbohydrates
- 2.1 g of fiber
- 0.3 g of sugar
Moreover, that very same 1-tbsp serving provides:
- 26 percent of daily manganese needs
- 16 percent of daily iron
- 5 percent of daily potassium
- 3 percent of daily water-soluble vitamin
On the opposite hand, ginger belongs to the identical family as turmeric, Zingiberaceae family, and is rich in powerful anti-inflammatories referred to as gingerols. Ginger relieves pain, treats inflammation, and is useful within the treatment of arthritis pain, rheumatism, osteoarthritis, nausea, stomach cramping, and heart issues.
Ginger may be a rich source of multiple vitamins and minerals, and a serving of 100 grams (g) of fresh ginger root contains:
- 79 calories
- 17.86 g of carbohydrate
- 3.6 g of dietary fiber
- 3.57 g of protein
- 0 g of sugar
- 14 mg of sodium
- 1.15 g of iron
- 7.7 mg of vitamin C
- 33 mg of potassium
Ginger is additionally high in magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and zinc.
The combination of those two potent ingredients within the variety of tea is an incredibly beneficial natural remedy that improves health in numerous ways:
- — Turmeric and ginger tea fights inflammation within the body, alleviates pain, and treats inflammatory conditions like joint swelling, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, and autoimmune disease.
- — Turmeric and ginger tea improves cardiovascular health and lowers the chance of blood clots, irregular heartbeat, and anti inflammatory effects on the circulatory system. It also lowers pressure level and prevents palpitations.
- — It boosts blood circulation and flow and prevents oxidative stress on the system.
- — It lowers cholesterol levels within the blood
- — It reduces joint inflammation within the body and manages arthritis and its symptoms, fights osteoarthritis, and studies have even found that curcumin will be as effective as phenylbutazone – a pharmaceutical drug wont to treat arthritis.
- — This tea improves cognitive power and treats neurological diseases. The compound 6-shogaol in ginger has an anti-inflammatory effect on neurological processes and prevents memory impairment and relieves the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- — this mix relieves digestion issues, reduces inflammation within the alimentary tract and prevents nausea, vomiting, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel disease, indigestion, oesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and Crohn’s disease.
- — The consumption of turmeric and ginger tea strengthens the system and boosts the body’s response to infections.
- — These two powerful anti-inflammatories protect against various cancer types, especially gastrointestinal, pancreatic, liver, prostate, cervical, and breast cancers.
- — Turmeric and ginger tea improves mood and will relieve symptoms of depression, by stimulating neurotransmitters related to feelings of enjoyment and happiness, like dopamine and serotonin. Also, geraniol in ginger protects the brain from stress
- — Studies have found that turmeric and ginger control diabetes and positively impact glucose levels and reduce oxidative stress
- — This versatile tea promotes weight loss and helps weight management
Now, here is the way to prepare turmeric ginger tea:
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated herb or 1/3 tsp dried turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger root or 1/3 teaspoon of dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Raw honey
- A slice of lemon
- 1 cup of water
Boil the water, then put off the warmth, and add turmeric and ginger. Steep with the lid on for five minutes, then strain the tea. Add honey and black pepper when the tea is cool, stir well, and squeeze the juice of the lemon slice.
Despite the countless health benefits of turmeric and ginger, the opposite ingredients of this tea recipe are highly beneficial additionally. juice is rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant which boosts immunity levels and enhances the skin, while the many antioxidants in honey improve cholesterol and lower high force per unit area. Also, black pepper unclogs the sinuses and improves digestion.
Note that you just should avoid the utilization of ginger and turmeric just in case you are taking blood-thinning medications, or drugs that prevent blood clots, diabetes and high pressure level medications, or if you’re liable to gallstones and kidney stones. Moreover, pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should avoid their consumption still.