How can a plant be both medicinal and poisonous? The key is in how you eat it, as well as how much you take. Here is a list of plants that should be avoided due to their harmful properties.
When certain herbs are new, they are toxic. As a result, you should be extra cautious when gathering these plants, ideally with gloves on, and avoid touching your face, lips, or eyes.
Even a single encounter with the plant might result in an allergic response. Although drying or heat processing considerably reduces the harmful impact, in the event of an overdose, the plant may also turn poisonous.
It does not necessary imply that the entire plant is dangerous, but that certain of its components — roots, leaves, fruits, and so on — are.
The strength of the harmful impact might vary depending on how young the plant is or what stage of growth it is in (before, during and after the flowering, etc.). Similarly to mushrooms, it is critical to understand which plants should and should not be picked.
Poisoning symptoms include vomiting, acute stomach pain, skin issues, exhaustion, disorientation, stomach discomfort, headache, dry mouth, fever and rapid pulse…
- St. John’s wort – It can produce pigment patches and skin irritation when combined with sun exposure.
- Because of the narcotic compounds found in the plant, large quantities of opium poppy can induce poisoning.
- Belladonna Atropa belladonna (Belladonna) Because of the high concentration of atropine alkaloid in the root, the entire plant is dangerous.
- Datura contains alkaloids that can create hallucinations, and an overdose can be lethal.
- Milk Snake – This plant is dangerous in large amounts.
Arnica, anemone, sumac, motherwort, and other plants have a toxic impact that is as strong as their medicinal value.